Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
Performance is ultimately what really matters. Federal Student Loan forgiveness is an exceptional concept applicable to students only under certain circumstances. It means the loan amount received by students might be canceled in half or in full amount by Federal Government. It is not impossible and depends completely on your work performance. If you want to be one of those special students who want to be a recipient of Federal Student Loan forgiveness, then act to your best.
You just need to show your excellent performance in the following ways:
1. Organize and perform volunteer work
2. Organize and perform military services
3. Teach/preach/practice medicine in selected communities
4. Make a thorough research and meet other criteria specified by loan forgiveness programs
In case of volunteer work, loan forgiveness is conducted by Ameri Corps, where the student needs to serve for one full year, get stipends and extra amounts that can be used towards loans. In another organization, Peace Corps, volunteers can specially apply for deferment of variety of loans like Stafford, Consolidation loans and Perkins loans with partial cancellation of Perkins Loans. This dream can come true in the lives of students only if they can serve with a difference and truly devote their time in work.
Students who are in military field can also make a mark in the lives of others and at same time contribute to Federal Student Loan forgiveness scheme. Students who are in Army front are therefore highly eligible for Student Loan Repayment program. In case of teaching, Federal Student Loan forgiveness program can be conducted only if the students can become full-time teachers in elementary or secondary schools, mainly teaching students who span the low-income family groups. Under this teaching plan scheme, the students are allowed to be forgiven of Perkins Loan under The National Defense Education Act. In legal field, many law schools forgive the loans of students who dedicatedly serve in public interest or non-profitable organizations. Federal student loan forgiveness programs for medical students include several plans like NIH AIDS Research Loan Repayment Programs, NIH General Research Loan Repayment Program, Indian Health Service [HIS] Loan Repayment Program and US Force, Army and Navy Financial Assistance Program. Under each of these plans, the student should work faithfully, if they want their loan to be forgiven.
Apart from these fields, there are other ways where Federal Student loan forgiveness program becomes successful. These fields include Bachelor’s Degree in Colleges of Arts and Sciences, where student will perform the job required in institutions. Students who receive the Michael Murphy Loan specially for studying Law enforcement, probation and parole, law and penology or other significant fields related to these studies, can work off one-fifth per year to get enrolled under Federal student loan forgiveness scheme.
Therefore, Federal Student Loan Forgiveness program is applicable when the student can perform the following activities:
1. Perform full-time/partial service as a teacher in designated/recognized elementary or secondary school teaching students who belong to low-income family groups.
2. Perform the role of a teacher teaching children suffering from some kind of disabilities
3. Qualified professional teachers belonging to subjects like mathematics, science, foreign languages, bilingual education
4. Performing the role of an employee of public or non-profit child/family service agency providing services to high-risk children along with their families
Perform any of these activities as per your loan status for acquiring Federal Student loan forgiveness.